What We Offer Services to Identity Theft Prevention
Comprehensive Daily Protection Against Identity Theft: TWO-STEP ID THEFT PREVENTION
STEP ONE: ID THEFT PREVENTION and PROTECTION
Four legal protections are put in place:
1. Continuous Fraud Alerts. Fraud alerts are placed on all of your credit profiles every 90 days so no one (except you) can open a new account in your name. If a new account is applied for, the application will be temporarily blocked until your identity is verified. That verification process ONLY OCCURS if there is a fraud alert in place. To keep this safeguard in place, new fraud alerts must be placed on all your credit profiles every 90 days. According to FBI statistics this step alone will reduce your chances of identity theft over 80%. Almost ALL identity theft companies just “monitor” your accounts. They do not put fraud alerts on your accounts. But KeepMyID only provides total Id Theft Prevention.
2. Three Free Credit Reports. Each year you will receive three free credit reports. An important part of knowing if your identity has been stolen is reviewing your credit reports. By receiving these each year, you will know if your ID has been compromised in the past. You will also know if there are mistakes on your credit negatively affecting your credit score. If your identity has been compromised we will walk you through the proper steps to get it resolved. We will also show you how to correct any mistakes in your credit report (note: We are not a credit repair agency).
3. Junk Mail Reduction Program. You will automatically be enrolled in our junk mail reduction program. Depending on the credit agency, you must be added to the “No” list for pre-approved credit offers and solicitations every 60 days. Similar to fraud alerts this service must be reinitiated or it expires. Stealing pre-approved credit offers is one of the primary ways people steal your ID. This step will also drastically reduce the amount of junk mail you receive.
4. Telemarketer Reduction Program. You will automatically be enrolled in our telemarketer reduction program. All the numbers you provide in the sign up process will be placed on the national do not call registry for cellular and home telephones. This step keeps your information more private and drastically reduces the number of telemarketing calls you will receive. This one is the best feature of our identity theft prevention
5. Identity Theft Insurance. In the unfortunate event that your identity is stolen, we have an insurance policy in place to cover certain losses that you may incur.
STEP TWO: ID Theft Prevention – Training Resources From the Experts
Identity Theft 101. There are dozens of precautions you can take to decrease your chances of being a victim. As a member of keepmyID.org, each customer is taught the preventative measures to take. You will receive the latest training and materials from the foremost experts in the field. You will be alerted to the most common scams and schemes. All of this information will be available through our online resource center.